Monday, January 23, 2012

The Geekend That Was, 1/22 (Winter Blues)

Click now for JiffNotes


After Friday, when it was yucky and rainy outside and I didn't leave the house, I belatedly signed up for International Stitch and Hermit Weekend. I had hoped to go for some outdoor photography, but the weather was supposed to be disgusting all weekend, so I thought I'd have lots of stitching time instead. The hubby went to judge a pinewood derby Saturday morning, which I should have gone to with him, but he had to leave soooo early that I couldn't make myself conscious in time. We may have also stayed up too late watching Burn Notice (THIS SHOW IS SO ADDICTING!)

So there I am, stuck at home, with thunderstorms raging outside, and what am I doing? Am I curling up with a cup of tea and stitching? Noooo, I'm still trying to beat stupid Dance Central (with intermittent power outages), I'm doing laundry, I'm getting myself ready in case we go for a movie later, I'm doing chores...what the heck?? When the hubby got home, I continued to do more of the same. I did do some stitching, but most of it wasn't very showy...I figured out how to sew Helena's hem, I did a test stitch on Shakespeare's Garden to determine if two yards of begged and borrowed flower thread would do (result: TWO GIANT QUEEN STITCHES, and that's all). Late Sunday night I stitched some satin stitches on Les Rubans. So most of what I have to show is from Friday night's Burn Notice marathon:
I'm not showing you the whole thing because I'll save it for my Jardin January wrap-up (SUCH A TEASE).

The mail man did deliver some mini-skeins I bought from Tami at Candy Skein. Omigosh, these colors are AWESOME!!
I played with the camera a while, but it was impossible to capture all the ranges of blue and teal. Some of these are too bright; the one second from the right in particular is actually a deep turquoise. And because I am a total weirdo, I used my new swift to turn one of them into a wee yarn cake. Yeah, it's pretty much not very useful in that form! =)

Sunday we did go on a shopping trip and got lots of good bargains. My best one is this down jacket (550 fill!!!)...it was 70% off, so only 30 dollars! It's so warm, and I don't look like the Stay Puft marshmallow man in it. I love it!

JiffNotes
Winter blues are OK as long as they are yummy yarn colors or keeping me warm!

7 comments:

Autumn said...

Yep, love watching Burn Notice too.

Okay...those skeins...are they cross stitch or yarn because WOWZA they are lovely and I have to wish for some.

Joysze said...

Hey... You stitched, skip IHSW was a success. :D love those yarns!!! Colors are amazing. I see you were in a blue sort of mind over the weekend. :D

Anonymous said...

Hello

Just found your blog.

Your project with the rabbit is beautiful.

Scrummy coloured yarn skeins.

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

I love your jacket - the reason I won't wear a down jacket is that I look like a snowman when I'm wearing one - yours looks really cute!

♥ Nia said...

Lovely stitching :) Those threads are beautiful!

Topcho said...

Oh, it's definiitely a tease! Can't wait to see the whole thing! and those yarn skeins.. the colours are so yummy! :D

autumngeisha said...

I kind of enjoy weekends like that. The little bit of stitching that you managed to get in looks lovely. As is that yummy yarn haul.

Old Geek-outs