Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Geekend That Was, 1/15

Click now for JiffNotes

Soooo, my eyes are dilated right now, so this is going to be a short post! I'm still way behind on blog reading (even the Theme-a-licious posts! =o) but I will get around to it!

Friday night we had friends over to play Settlers of Catan. There was good food, good wine and probably the closest game I've played. Also the strangest distribution of resources, ever. I spent a couple minutes playing with my camera before the evening started, because I saw this out the window:

The night went extremely late, so not a lot happened the next day. ;) We did watch a lot of Burn Notice on Netflix. Have you seen this series?? It's about a CIA contractor who gets "burned"...that is, he's fired, stranded in Miami, and all his accounts are frozen, and he has no idea why. He narrates over some of the scenes, and it's hilarious. He's like the MacGyver of spies because he has to make his equipment with very little cash. And it costars Bruce Campbell!

Sunday we saw Beauty and the Beast in 3D. It was so great to see that movie on the big screen again, although I will admit that for most of the scenes, I could have done without the 3D. There was one scene where Gaston's leg looked like it had been deflated! I managed to avoid singing along to all of Belle's parts. ;)

Monday we had planned to go to the Botanical Gardens so I could play with the new camera, but Michael wanted to go shopping first. We got a bit of a late start and never made it to the Gardens. Oh well, there is always next week. But we did enjoy our pre-shopping brunch, and since I had the camera you can see my Pumpkin Pie Chai...
YUM. And also, the Red Velvet Pancakes...
...with some random semi-healthy sandwich in the background. ;)

JiffNotes
I find my lack of stitching pictures disturbing. Also, it seems this is the closest I can come to "short".

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I find it impossible not to sing along with Belle, so I'm very proud of you.

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Red Velvet pancakes? That sounds like sugar overload! I love the look of that chai, although I'm sure that I would hate the taste of it :)

pinkundine said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I would not have been able to resist singing along to Belle's parts though. Or any of the other parts ;)

Chris said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend! Brunch looks yummy!

Nic said...

Gorgeous sunset!
I can't watch 3D, but I don't mind. I think they use it now just because they can, and it doesn't add anything. Or they write films to be 3D and forget about a little thing called a plot.

Minnie said...

Wow where were you eating that had red velvet pancakes? My kind of place. Love tne sunset.

Jill said...

Yes, tell us where you had red velvet pancakes!

cucki said...

sound like a fun weekend..
hugs and love xxx

Annette said...

K and I went to see B&B on Monday morning. It was her first movie in the theatre 20 years ago (OMG, I feel so old as I type that). I haven't watched the movie in years, but I still knew all the words to the songs (and mouthed them... but didn't actually *sing*).

Joysze said...

I'm catching up on blogs too... I think I've made it to the halfway point. LOL!!!

I actually understood everything you said about Settlers!!!! That's cos hubby plays with the inlaws when they visit and I get to hear all about it while I'm stitching. ;)

Gorgeous sunset. Man... I love sunsets.

You're a stronger woman than me.. I'd have belted out every single song. LOL!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

gorgeous sunset. Such lovely food as well :D

Delusional Knitter said...

I love Burn Notice, I actually started watching it at the beginning because Bruce Campbell was on it!!!

Old Geek-outs