Monday, January 23, 2012

Al the Orts that are Fit to Report (January TUSAL)

(What's a TUSAL?)

Here's a month of orts (scraps). My yearly jar is getting washed out, since it was emptied from last year's orts. This jar (i.e., votive candle holder, but let's just pretend it's an actual jar) is fairly full this month mostly due to winding all the yarn for my own sock club.

Speaking of winding, I finally spent some of my Christmas money on a swift! Now I no longer have to tie hangers together with elastic and put them in my giant, weirdly square fat separator to wind yarn! (No idea what I'm talking about? Check out the cheapest DIY yarn swift ever. I'd been doing pretty much the same thing.)
What the...? Hey, how did that book get in that box from Knit Picks?? Well, guess I'll have to keep it. ;)


9 comments:

Diane (di) said...

Great job on the TUSAL Heather. Love, love the sock club idea and Ooooo, that Knit Noro book. **drool**

cucki said...

well done for the tusal jar..
book is really very yummy looking..
happy monday xxx

Delusional Knitter said...

Oh I love my swift, glad you finally got one. Although that hanger thingy did look like it could be some fun!!

geeky Heather said...

Not so much "fun" as "it seemed like a good idea at the time," LOL!!!

pandy said...

Don't you just hate when things jump into your online cart? :) I have to admit I thought your ort jar was a shotglass, but votive works too! :D

Joysze said...

Pretty TUSAL, and such a cute glass. :D

Ziggyeor said...

Cute orts in their 'jar'. Just looked at the yarn winder and umm, yeah that's why I don't knit or crochet.

I just saw on the right My WIPs Go to 11. awesome.

Melanie said...

Every girl needs a swift! Ok, maybe just us girls. Lol

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

gorgeous book :D and the winder looks nice!

Old Geek-outs